Any person at least 18 years old can apply for a driving licence. The applicant must show their National Identity Card and must be able to read a car number plate from a distance of 20.5 meters (65′).
For a new licence the person needs to apply first for a learner’s permit.
- The candidate needs to come to the office, in person.
- The candidate needs to show a valid CNIC
- The candidate can only apply in the district of their domicile (In case of the out district permission may be granted from the concerned MLA/DPO in advance).
- Paste a ticket of PKR Rs.60 for each category e.g. motor bike, car, etc.
- Medical form duly signed from the authorized medical practitioner.
Rules for License
1 Learner’s driving permit of motorcycle / motorcar / LTV / HTV / PSV / tractor (agriculture) shall be valid for six months, however the applicant can appear for practical driving test after 42 days
2 Learner’s driving permit of construction / agriculture machinery shall be valid for one year, however the applicant can appear for practical driving test after six month
3 Foreigners Driving Licence shall be valid for the duration of valid Pakistani visa
4 International Driving Permit shall be valid for one year
5 All other categories of Driving Licences issued under these Rules other than PSV licences shall be valid for 5 years
6 PSV Licences shall be valid for three years unless otherwise provided in these Rules, canceled/suspended by the Authority or a competent Court earlier.